Today is one of those days. A day where I enjoyed the company of a close friend, had a delicious dinner, watched bad (but actually rather good) reality TV with my family, settled down to write my essay and promptly let everything fall apart.
Because somehow one good day doesn't outweigh the bad. Somehow even if I satisfy one friend with my company, another feels left behind. Because even if I'm working hard at one assessment, another taunts me from its corner in my mind. Because even if I'm going somewhere, it's not everywhere, and it's not what dreamy-eyed-Kaitlyn had imagined before reality reared its ugly head.
And so I let everything fall apart, because all I really want is to be curled up in an isolated space with a good book in my hand and a blanket covering my lap, where no one's expectations - be they academic, social, or even my own, can touch me. Where I can be someone else. For a moment. For a million moments.
Anything but living this very one.

No comments:
Post a Comment